Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What Does a Vegan Eat? Breakfast Edition

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me, "So what do you eat?' I could reach my lifelong dream of retiring by age 25, which is in less than a year. Obviously, I don't eat anything that comes from an animal, and everything plant based. Well, most everything, seaweed and mushrooms not withstanding.

I put together this compilation of some of my favorite breakfasts to show you how delicious a vegan breakfast can be!

Sometimes I eat muffins.
Banana Nut Muffins
Source: 1000 Vegan Recipes
Blueberry Muffins
Source: Fat Free Vegan*
Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Source: Huffington Post*
I like to make pancakes on the weekends.

Basic Pancakes
Source: How it All Vegan
Banana Pancakes
Source: How it All Vegan*
Oatmeal gives me the energy to get through hectic mornings at work.
Overnight oats with apple butter
and cinnamon.
Smoothies are also a great way to get in lots of nutrients!

Go Green Smoothie

Cinnamon buns and blueberry scones are a yummy weekend treat!
Blueberry Scones
Source: Peas and Thank You
Cinnamon Buns
Source: Peas and Thank You*


Stay tuned for the lunch and dinner editions!

*This recipe is available online, and a link to the recipe can be found in the original post.




1 comment: