Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Pizza



How is it already the middle of October? It feels like only a few days ago I was changing my calendars, and now iCal is staring me in the face, reminding me that it's mid-October. While this is exciting because one of my most favorite days in the whole year gets closer with each passing day, time just seems to be flying by.

The fact that it's mid-October means two things at Charm City Vegan headquarters: 1) we're halfway through Vegan Mofo and 2) I'm knee-deep in pumpkin recipes. The only thing more alarming than how quickly this month is passing is the excessive number of recipes I've bookmarked or pinned in the last month or so. And many of them are pumpkin (have you seen my board Edible Pumpkin? If you have, I'd like to ask you why you haven't yet staged an intervention?).

Tonight I bring you pumpkin pizza. The pumpkin sauce is sweet and tangy, and at first, I wasn't sure if I liked it. By the end of the first slice, I changed my mind to "OMG SO GOOOOD." Verbatim.

You'll need:

- a pizza crust
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 C water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- non-dairy mozzarella

1. In a saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, water, and tomate paste. When mixture comes to a boil, reduce to medium heat and cook 5-7 minutes until mixture thickens. Allow to cool.
2. Brush pizza crust with olive oil. Spoon sauce onto crust. You probably won't use all of the sauce, and I didn't. You can use the sauce for another pizza or for pasta. Sprinkle pizza with mozzarella.
3. Bake according to crust package.




No comments:

Post a Comment