Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sweet Potato Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce


At the DC VegFest a few weeks ago, I bought a bag of sweet potato pasta. If you know me, you know I am obsessed with sweet potatoes, and will eat it in just about any (vegan) form. This pasta was no exception.

I also love butternut squash, so I thought this would be a delicious pairing.

And I was right. But that's nothing new.

The sauce was really easy to make. I saw a variety of recipes online, but just kind of put this together because I was feeling lazy. I roasted the squash before peeling it, but removing the skin after roasting was obnoxious, so I'd recommend peeling it first.

Butternut Squash Sauce

You'll need:
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3/4 to 1 C almond milk
- 1 tsp sage (or to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste

1. Peel, deseed, and cut butternut squash.
2. Roast at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. (This is a guess based on the fact that you'll cut the squash before you roast it. It's ready when a fork easily pierces the flesh!)
3. When squash is cool enough to handle, put into food processor with almond milk and spices. The amount of almond milk you use will depend on your preference for consistency. I used a full cup.
4. Serve warm over sweet potato pasta!

Unfortunately, I was unable to find anywhere to buy this particular pasta, but if you come across it, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment