Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins


This week I wanted to try a new muffin recipe, but wasn't sure what type of muffin. I also had a bunch of bananas that were definitely past their prime. I may or may not be a snob when it comes to bananas... but I make up for it by resourcefully using unsatisfactory-as-is bananas in smoothies and breads.

Anyway, the first two facts made me look at fruity/banana muffins. I found this recipe for banana nut muffins in 1000 Vegan Recipes. Not only did the recipe look ridiculously easy (I think I pulled these together in 10 minutes), but I had everything in stock. It calls for ground flax seed, which I discovered my Giant does not carry. If you can't find it at your normal grocery store, try a local health food store or a Whole Foods.

These little babies came out so beautifully and tasty. They are a test of will power, because I want to eat all of them. And then make more. And then eat those, too. Seriously, these blueberry muffins had better watch out because there's a new contender in the competition for the title of "Niki's Favorite Muffin Ever."

I couldn't find an online recipe for this, so suck it up and buy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment