Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blueberry Scones

Good morning! Or afternoon, really. I'm happy to report that we survived Hurricane Irene unscathed. It rained for about 15 hours, and the wind is still whipping around outside, but we made it out okay. We didn't lose power, for which I'm incredibly grateful. My basement suffered some flooding, but we were able to keep it under control with a never-ending cycle of rotating towels. I felt like I had a baby or something, waking up around the clock to monitor the situation. And despite my concerns about Dakota peeing inside the house, because she refused to go outside from 8PM until 4AM, her bladder of steel once again amazed me with its incredible strength. To those on the East Coast - I hope you are equally fortunate and stayed/are staying dry, warm, and safe. 

Moving on.




Last winter, I found a fabulous recipe for blueberry scones. One that I thought would make me never look at another scone again. But then I met Peas and Thank You, and it was love at first bite. When I saw a recipe in the book for blueberry scones, I knew I had to give them a try.

Sifting the dry ingredients. I'm a compulsive sifter. I sift everything.

Making the icing!

Ready to go in the oven!

And they were so yummy. So yummy, they may or may not have surpassed my previous recipe in terms of favoritism. Sorry, blueberry scones of last year.

1 comment:

  1. Please help me by reading my appeal on my profile

    ReplyDelete