Saturday, October 1, 2011


Welcome to the first day of Vegan MoFo! Vegan MoFo is in its fourth year, and was started over at Post Punk Kitchen by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. The goal is to post about vegan food all month long. A post a day is quite ambitious for me, as you all might suspect, but I'm excited about the challenge. Some blogs follow themes for the month, but I'm not that organized, and let's be honest: 31 posts in a row will be a feat in itself. I will warn you all, however, that my friend Julie has decided to do a 30 Days of Pumpkin thing, and while it's not entirely vegan and I'm not sure if she'll be blogging about it (although I hope she does!), she has kind of gotten me on a pumpkin-pinning obsession (not everything I've pinned is vegan, but I'm eager to attempt to veganize some of these recipes!).



Today I bring you a batch of pumpkin muffins from Vegan with a Vengeance. Kind of coincidental but absolutely appropriate that my first post of Vegan MoFo comes from Isa herself! I made these muffins before I was aware of Julie's mission, but after my Pinterest and some other food blogs exploded with recipes for autumnal recipes. This book is a staple for most vegan kitchens, and it was one of the first books I bought when I went vegan. If you don't have the recipe, you can find an online version here. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 C and subbed 3/4C whole wheat flour for white. I've made this recipe many times before, but I truly prefer it with the slight adjustments I made.


A helpful tip!
Molasses is much easier to manipulate if
you first dip your measuring spoon in oil.
I measured out the canola oil, dipped the spoon,
and then measured out the molasses!




No comments:

Post a Comment