Friday, August 12, 2011

Buckwheat Porridge

A pretty normal breakfast for me, especially when I'm working, is oatmeal topped with fruit and flax seed. I like oatmeal because it keeps me full for a good three to four hours, and you can mix up the fruit toppings with whatever you have on hand.

Confession: Sometimes it gets a little boring, though. I like it, but sometimes I get in a rut and forget that other breakfast food exists. This morning I wanted to try the buckwheat porridge Angela at Oh She Glows raves about. Not a huge diversion from my usual, but this meal did introduce me to two new ingredients: buckwheat groats and chia seeds!


Chia seeds, like flax seed, are rich are omega-3 fatty acids, and add protein and calcium to whatever you're making. Sounds like a good deal to me.


The end result was pretty tasty! I picked up blueberries and cherries on sale yesterday, so they topped my porridge. So yummy and full of good, nutritious ingredients!




No comments:

Post a Comment