Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oatmeal Breakfast Bars


A week or two ago, I decided to start having green smoothies for breakfast every day. The upside to this is that I'm getting in way more raw greens than ever before (and have noticed a positive change in how I feel!); the downside is that I'm usually hungry two hours after I eat. While perusing FatFreeVegan, I came across these oatmeal bars. They sounded like a delicious and perfect mid-morning snack.

This recipe came together quickly and turned out really tasty. They were a little crumbly, but I think this was because I took them out of the oven prematurely. Another minute or two probably would have avoided the crumbly problem. These bars are a nice alternative to muffins in the morning, and also serve as a great snack. A dual purpose food in a single recipe? I'm sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment