Monday, January 17, 2011
Stir-fry Veggies and Cashews
I was off of work today, and after a fairly productive day of errands, housework, and a good workout, I wanted a quick and easy meal. Thus this delicious stir-fry. The beautiful thing about stir-fry veggies is that you can use just about any combo you please, you can cook as much or as little as you want, and they cook fairly quickly.
This general outline for this recipe is as follows:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- half a medium yellow onion
- two cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp-ish grated fresh ginger root
- half a cucumber
- a handful of baby carrots
- half a red pepper
- one can baby corn (you can substitute fresh baby corn)
- half a can of water chestnuts
- two handfuls of mung bean sprouts
- soy sauce to taste
- cashews and sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Get rice cooking per its directions.
2. Heat olive oil; add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook 4-5 minutes.
3. Add cucumber, carrots, and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies start to soften.
4. Add remaining veggies and cook until the soften.
5. Season to taste with soy sauce. Add cashews and sesame seeds to your liking.
I don't think it gets much easier than that!