Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hottie Black-Eyed Peas & Greens with Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Apples


Isa Chandra Moskowitz has penned some of my favorite cookbooks; in a word, she's fabulous. As a post-Christmas gift to myself, I bought her most recent book. I've made two recipes from it thus far, and already I'm in love. I'm trying to eat as balanced a diet as possible, and each of these recipes details all the nutritional information! Even better, a single serving of every recipe is under 400 calories. Another bonus? A lot of the foods can easily be made gluten-free with some simple substitutions!

Prior to this recipe, I'd had black-eyed peas only a few times and had never had collard greens. I was excited to try something totally new, and I was pleasantly surprised. The flavor of the black-eyed peas & greens was a new experience for me, one I really enjoyed. I think it was the hot sauce that won me over - I love hot and spicy! And we all know I'd never say no to a sweet potato. It's safe to say my first adventure with this book was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment