Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

If you're expecting a Labor Day-related post right now, I'd say that's a reasonable expectation. Unfortunately, I have no brain power to put together that post. Instead, I bring you a post that I've been holding onto for more than a week. Please forgive me.



Ocean City is a popular vacation destination in Maryland, and one of the first things I think of when I think Ocean City is "Candy Kitchen," featuring the most delicious fudge, salt water taffy, and other confections.


I obviously haven't ventured into a Candy Kitchen in about three and a half years, but I had a serious hankerin' for fudge a couple of weekends ago.

So I indulged.

The base for the fudge. 
Approximately 238 pounds of confectioner's sugar,
with some Earth Balance and soymilk.

Setting the pb while I made the chocolate.


After setting for about two hours.


It came out really, really yummy. The texture and flavor was almost identical to (how I remember) Candy Kitchen's fudge, which made me wonder, "Do they use this much sugar when making fudge?"

But I don't really care. And neither did Omni Mom, who also thought this was tasty. Find the recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment