Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who sustains serious injuries while at the dog park?

"Gud mornin hooman, why iz yew in bed?"

So, I'm laid up in bed today. Yesterday was unusually beautiful (sunny and 65 degrees in November? Yes, please) so I took advantage of the weather and went to the dog park with Dakota. Everything was going well - she made two friends who loved to rough house as much as she does. Then this ugly, annoying, pervert of a dog (and no, I'm not biased. It looked like a giant rat.) showed up and would not leave Dakota alone. Dakota loves just about everyone canine or human, but she WILL become aggressive if a dog is too much up in her lady parts or tries to hump her. It just doesn't fly with her, and I don't blame her. She kept barking at this dog, like, "Hey, back off perv, I don't like that." The dog was oblivious and so was his moronic owner, and Dakota was becoming increasingly agitated. So, I turned to shoo Dakota away from that dog, and as I turned back around, this beautiful, massive Rottweiler took off after a tennis ball and collided head-on in my shin. I'm talking 150 pounds of all muscle, hauling ass, connecting with my shin. I yelled a couple of expletives, and as soon as I was sure I could walk, we dipped out.

Omni Mom is wonderful, and took me to the ER. Nothing is fractured or broken, but I have a huge, bruised lump, and the bruising runs up and my down my leg. I'm on crutches and laid up to try to prevent worsening bruising. Awesome...

I wrapped this thing to death overnight...

This probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been distracted by a poorly behaved dog. So, fellow dog owners, please understand that the dog park is not a babysitting service. You need to be cognizant of where your dog is and what s/he's doing at all times... or else next time, I might let Dakota tear into your dog.

2 comments: