Sunday, July 10, 2011

One World Cafe



One of my oldest friends is relocating to North Carolina soon, so we got together for brunch this weekend just to catch up on life before she moves. We went to One World Cafe, right across from JHU in Charles Village. I like One World because it's entirely vegetarian, and they always have loads of vegan options, too. I ordered the vegan pancakes with fresh fruit, and it was so yummy!

The drive to and from One World takes me past the Waverly Farmers' Market. I've driven past the sign a bunch of times before, but I'd never gone. In terms of distance, it's not far from my house, but there are no fewer than a million traffic lights, which means the drive can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes and that's annoying to me. Since I was in the area, though, I decided to stop by. And when I did, I realized the 15 minute time variation would probably be worth it in the future. Plus, Lake Montebello is on the way, which would make for a nice morning walk!

There were loads of fresh fruits and veggies, flowers and fresh herbs, homemade jams and spreads, juice vendors, and natural/eco-friendly clothing stands, too. The coolest thing for me was seeing the variety of foods: I saw at least three different types of kale, things which I had only read about before. That was pretty exciting. :) Because I didn't have a list with me or even an inkling of what I'm going to cook this week, I just decided to pick up a few things I know I'll use up.

Located at the corner of 33rd and Barclay, the Waverly Farmers' Market is open on Saturdays from 7AM to noon year round.



No comments:

Post a Comment