Friday, July 1, 2011

Chili Burritos with Guacamole


One day I was browsing a couple of blogs, and I ended up at this recipe for chili. I decided to give it a try because of my love affair, which is bordering on obsession, with anything resembling Mexican food. Plus, it called for zucchini and I still had two left over.

This came together really quickly, and I decided to make a quick guacamole to serve with it. I'm glad I did, because the chili alone just didn't pack enough flavor. I don't know if it's the chili powder I use or the recipe itself, but the chili by its lonesome is a little bland. The guacamole helped out lots.

I wrapped everything up in a whole wheat tortilla to make burritos, and together, it was really tasty! While I was happy to have solved the problem of my kind of boring chili, I decided I need to find a better chili powder. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment