Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Plan


Because I cook for one, planning meals can be tricky. Creating a balance between eating a variety of foods (in terms of flavors) and not wasting food is a challenge. When it's easy (because I can do only the most basic math), I halve recipes. Leftovers almost always make my lunches, and sometimes I eat leftovers for dinner a second night in a row. Learning how to freeze and later thaw things has helped tremendously, but still, my meal plans are a little abnormal. Instead of the typical "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc" meal plan, I just plan by meal types. Sometimes my plans don't cover an entire week, so I do a "menu plan" as opposed to a weekly plan.

Here's this week's agenda!

Breakfast

  • Oatmeal w/ fresh berries & ground flax meal
  • Banana chocolate chip muffins w/ fresh fruit


Lunch/Dinner

  • Black bean burgers w/ potatoes and kale
  • Pasta w/ garden veggies
  • Spicy PB pasta w/ kale

No comments:

Post a Comment