Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mostly Dakota, some food


This weekend, Dakota and I visited my dad, who has about an acre of land. His front porch is approximately the same size as our entire backyard in Baltimore, so Dakota nearly lost her mind when she realized she could run. And run. And run some more. My dad lives on a quiet road, too, so we went for a nice walk!





Passed out with her elephant!

When we came home to Baltimore, we discovered that her new Molly Mutt bed had arrived. Yay! Her bed in my room consisted of two pillows on the floor, but that drove me crazy. I looked into ways to turn old pillows into a dog bed. This was a neat tutorial, but I don't sew. And really didn't foresee my self making the time or developing the interest for this bed, even though I know learning to sew would probably be a really handy skill. So the pillows stayed.

My mom discovered Molly Mutt, a website that sells stuffable dog duvets in a bunch of shapes and patterns. They have sooo many cute prints, it was really hard to pick one. I finally decided on La Vie en Rose because it best matches my room. Yeah, that was the deciding factor... I stuffed it with four or five old pillows and it turned out perfectly! Dakota loves it!

I ordered the medium bed, and when it arrived, I noticed it said it was suitable for dogs up to 50lbs. I didn't notice any weight indications on the website, but Dakota weighs 75 pounds. I was worried it would be too small, but as you can see, it's a perfect size!

Her whole body fits on the bed, she just likes laying half-on, half-off. 
Don't ask, because I don't know.

And so this isn't only about Dakota, here's a recent dish I made. Vegan Dad always posts the most delicious looking foods. I tried his Indian Potatoes and Spinach, and it was SO yummy! I really wanted to add chick peas, and thought about also adding green peas, but didn't. I think I will next time, which would mean the seasoning would need some tweaking, but I think it'd make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment