Sunday, June 5, 2011

Banana-Wheat Germ Muffins


I don't know if I mentioned it, but I started grad school last week. As of tomorrow, I will be working full time and going to school full time. Insanity is sure to ensue, and because of that, posts will be short and sweet until the end of the school year! June 17th can't get here soon enough!

Tonight I made a batch of banana-wheat germ muffins from Veganomicon. I was just looking for a new way to use up overripe bananas, and when I saw this recipe, I thought it was perfect. And prior to making these little babies, I didn't realize that wheat germ has a decent amount of protein in it, despite being a grain. Win!

I made half a dozen to get me through the next couple of days (depending on how quickly I eat them up; obviously one didn't survive the period of post-baking, pre-picture). I froze the other half of the batter, so I'll have muffins ready to go next week, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment