Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tasty Tempeh Chili



This weekend was the annual DC101 Chili Cook-off, and several friends made posts about it on facebook. While I have no real interest in going to the cook-off, it did spark a serious craving for chili. Summer is quickly approaching, and with it, 90+ degree weather with humidity so oppressive the last thing you'd want to do is eat a bowl of hot chili. So I decided to take advantage of the weekend's beautiful weather to make a pot of chili.

In my three years as a vegan, I've yet to find a recipe that is my go to chili. I almost never make the same chili twice, just because I'm hellbent on finding a favorite. After leafing through my cookbooks, I decided to make the Tasty Tempeh Chili from La Dolce Vegan. Oh, man. So good. It's really easy and flavorful and awesome. I think it's the teaspoon of molasses that did it for me; it just added a flavor that I've found to be lacking in most chili recipes thus far. And the extra nice thing about this recipe is it doesn't make heaps and heaps of chili, so you don't have to eat chili for the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment