Saturday, April 9, 2011

Veggie and Hummus Pizza


This concoction was largely inspired by a post over at This is Vegan.

I decided to buy sun-dried tomato and basil hummus because I love sun-dried tomato and basil, so I thought this would be a nice change of pace for my lunches, which include hummus and raw veggies several days a week. The hummus itself was okay, but it really didn't go with baby carrots or celery. As in not at all.

To avoid wasting it, I decided to make some veggie pizzas. These were really simple to put together, and made a great light lunch. You could also easily cut these into smaller bites and serve as a finger food. This poor excuse of a recipe can easily be modified to suit your tastes.

You'll need:
- a pizza crust
- hummus
- veggies (I used cucumber, green pepper, and onions)

1. Cook pizza crust per its directions. Cool completely.
2. Spread humus over crust. Add veggies.

Yeah, I'm a culinary genius.

1 comment: