Saturday, February 11, 2012

Black Bean Pico de Gallo



So it's been a little while. I wish I could say I've been off doing something incredibly fabulous, but that would be untrue. I've just been busy with work and school, like always. There's been some exciting cooking in the last month or so, and some not very inspired cooking. Sometimes I photographed the more exciting foods, sometimes I didn't.

But here we are. I had a girls' sleepover with some cousins a few weeks ago. This black bean pico de gallo was one of the finger foods I made. It's so easy and so yummy. And the proportions of ingredients really just depends on how much you want to make, and your tastes. I normally use two cans of beans, so we'll go with that.

You'll need:
- 2 cans 15 oz black beans (or about 6 C dried black beans, soaked and cooked)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 C corn
- lime juice, to taste
- cilantro, to taste
- sea salt, to taste

Just mix everything together in a bowl.

Your mind is blown, right? So simple. Sometimes if I have leftovers, I eat these in tortilla shells. Equally yummy lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Niki,

    I didn't see an area to contact you but I'm hoping to connect with you. I'm moving to Baltimore in July and am so excited to have found another veg blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete